Asian & IslamicPrior to the 19th century, textiles were of an importance that is difficult for us to fully appreciate today, particularly...
- Fragment of a Hanging or Canopy for a Hindu Shrine, South-east India, Machilipatnam, early 19th century
- Moroccan Yellow Silk Double-Sided Embroidery, Possibly Meknes District, 19th century
- Cover (Bohca), Ottoman Turkey, with European influence, early 19th century
- Floorspread or Cover, India, Deccan, for the Ottoman market, 1750-1800
- Wall-Hanging, Uzbekistan, Bokhara, mid 19th century