Asian & IslamicPrior to the 19th century, textiles were of an importance that is difficult for us to fully appreciate today, particularly...
- VAISHNAVITE SILK, Assam, late 17th-early 18th century
- Avatars of Visnu and scenes from the lives of Krishna and Rama, East India, Assam, 17th century
- Vaishnavite Silk, Assam, 18th century
- Elephants & yalis with rosettes, Assam, 18th-19th Century
- Embroidered Furnishing Fabric, possibly for Bed Hangings, India, Gujarat, early 18th century, for the Western market
- Detail of an embroidered silk cover
- Moroccan Yellow Silk Double-Sided Embroidery, Possibly Meknes District, 20th century