Asian & IslamicPrior to the 19th century, textiles were of an importance that is difficult for us to fully appreciate today, particularly...
- Cover, Ottoman Turkey, with European influence, late 18th–early 19th century
- Staggered Ogival Medallions with Leafy Frames, Ottoman Turkey, second half 16th century
- A large, complete Summer Carpet from the Amber Group of Chintzes, North India, c. 1645
- Embroidered Furnishing Fabric, possibly for Bed Hangings, Gujarat, early 18th century, for the Western market
- Embroidery with central Medallion with Woman's face, Persia, Rescht, 19th century
- Embroidered Floorspread, Deccan, for courtly domestic or export market, 1750–1790